Another Peek Into Our Key Suppliers
Another peek into the background of two more of our key suppliers...
Cressi, formerly Cressi-Sub
Founded in 1946 by two brothers Egidio and Nanni Cressi, they skillfully produced handcrafted equipment on a small scale, with Egidio personally testing all the equipment and carrying out many of the first sea trials. The original principles of attention to detail and quality standards are still relevant today and Antonio Cressi, son and nephew of the founders still continues to personally test many of Cressi’s new products.
But did you know...
- The two brothers Egidio and Nanni began producing masks and spearguns by hand in 1938.
- They are credited for created the first open-heel adjustable dive fins and the first diving mask with a dedicated nose pocket.
- All Cressi products are still manufactured solely by Cressi at their facility in Genoa, Italy.
- They are one of only a few companies in the world that manufactures a full line of equipment and accessories for each of its markets: scuba diving, snorkelling, spearfishing and swimming.
- Cressi have a long history in the recreational swimming market, introducing their first swim goggles back in the 1950s.
Gul Performance Apparel
“Surfing since ‘67” – for over 40 years Gul continues to be at the forefront of Cornish surfing scene producing a range of superb quality wetsuits to appeal to all the family whether for messing about on the beach, sailing, surfing and for the latest Watersports craze Stand-Up Paddling, from complete surfing novice to International Surfing circuit. Using the latest cutting edge techniques Gul consistently produce some of the most recognisable and sought after wetsuits.
But did you know...
- Dennis Cross who founded Gul in 1967 was the uncle of Carey Brown who founded C-Skins.
- Gul is credited with pioneering the first one-piece wetsuit in 1975, still nicknamed 'the steamer' today.
- Gul entered the dinghy sailing market in the late 1990's and now develop a full range of sports sailing products.
- Gul sponsored the British Olympic Sailing Team at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.