Orca Equip Women's Open Water Swimming & Triathlon Wetsuit Info
The Women's Orca Equip Triathlon Swimming Wetsuit has been designed for optimum flexibility without having to compromise your position in the water, lending this suit perfectly to natural swimmers.
Orca’s Equip wetsuit is aimed at anyone with a strong swimming background and already have a reasonably solid swimming technique, making these a good choice if you’re an experienced pool swimmer moving to open water for the first time. The suit is designed to maintain your natural body position while the 1.5mm neoprene on the arms causes minimal interference to your normal swimming stroke. The Orca Equip is recommend to female swimmers who often find that many swimming suits with more buoyancy around the hips and legs lift their legs/feet too high in the water.
Utilising Yamamoto 39 technology combines with the most stretchable lining on the market, ensures just the right amount of buoyancy has been provided for this type of 'natural' swimmer without raising the lower body so much that you kick out of the water. The elongation percentage of this material is rated at 513 combined with its hydrophobic properties ensures that the wetsuit will stretch to wherever you want it to. Flexibility in the water is also transferred to land making this wetsuit a breeze to take off in a hurry if you need, possibly for transition if participating in a triathlon. This results in a wetsuit with an unrivalled feeling of freedom leaving you to focus on your swimming enjoyment.
The Orca Equip is the ideal open water swimming wetsuit if you consider yourself a regular swimmer or possibly had a swimming background and are looking for a swimming wetsuit to provide you with maximum flexibility, a second skin, that let's you continue swimming without having to change your technique. You've probably determined that you have good overall technique and generally maintain a good hydrodynamic, body position and so require less buoyancy and some thermal protection. For a 'natural' swimmer the Orca Equip Women's Open Water Swimming & Triathlon Wetsuit should encompass all your requirements.
Orca Equip Women's Open Water Swimming & Triathlon Wetsuit Features
- FLEXIBILITY: The Equip features 1.5mm Yamamoto 39Cell neoprene arms and shoulders with the superior Infinity Skin 2 lining this suit now achieves a range of motion and flexibility previously associated with high-end preformance level wetsuits.
- BUOYANCY: An even further enlarged 3mm SCS 39cell Yamamoto front panel extending from chest to below the knee, paired with a 3mm lower back panel provides buoyancy and refines body positioning in the water.
- SPEED: A front body of fully SCS-coated 39cell Yamamoto neoprene reduces friction while you swim, with the result being you go faster! A larger jersey panel at the back of the legs makes this suit super quick to get off in transition, saving you time where it counts.
- COMFORT: refined panel construction with less seams now means greater stretch and comfort has been acheived in this Equip wetsuit.
- YAMAMOTO: The Yamamoto Corporation is the world’s main supplier of high performance neoprene. Its seal represents quality, technology and innovation. Yamamoto 39cell is an extremely flexible neoprene which supports an uninhibited natural swimming motion. 39cell extends to a 513% elongation rate, meaning this material is sure to move with you. Added benefits of zero water absorption and zero weight variation can mean only one thing: more speed. A fine balance between buoyancy and flexibility, 39cell is a durable material which will stand the test of time and distance, representing the best neoprene available in it’s class.
- SUPER COMPOSITE SKIN (SCS): is the leading triathlon wetsuit lining because of its capacity to reduce friction and to provide the best possible hydrodynamics. Orca uses the most innovative version of Nano SCS, developed by the Yamamoto company, to ensure top speed in the water. The friction coefficient in the water of Orca’s Nano SCS is 0.026, as compared to an average of 4.0 for the other wetsuits.
- HYDROLITE: HydroLite panels help the wetsuit come off easier, for faster transitions. This technology, combined with the SCS coating, helps the water slide off your wetsuit, without permeating it, considerably improving your hydrodynamics.
- INFINITY SKIN 2: Inner Infinity Skin 2 lining provides the feeling of absolute freedom. Designed based on a high-elasticity nylon that incorporates bamboo fibres, this technology is applied to the lining of our wetsuits to offer you greater flexibility with each stroke. It maintains body heat longer and reduces bad odours and the presence of bacteria in your neoprene. It is also composed of natural and environmentally sustainable materials, to avoid skin irritation and to care for the environment.
- ULTIMATE SEAL COLLAR: The combination of laser cutting on the neck and the inverse Velcro reduces friction, preventing any abrasion on the skin.
- YKK#10 a strong rear zipper with guaranteed quality featuring the YKK seal which is more durable and sturdier than others on the market. Long webbing tape helps make the zip easier to fully undo by yourself.
This means that the item is in stock and ready for despatch. We do make the odd mistake but 98% of items that say in stock, are actually in stock. If you are ordering a quantity of any item, you are welcome to email or phone to check the quantity available.
"Despatch 6-10 Days"
You are able to buy/order the item but just to advise you that the item is not currently in our warehouse and therefore not available for immediate despatch but is on order or en route to us from the supplier and we hope to despatch your order within 6-10 Working Days, often less. If you want to know more details do just e-mail or phone us.
May mean the item is no longer available or possibly out of stock for some time. If you want to know more details just e-mail or phone us.
Free Standard UK Delivery on orders over £30 are usually sent by Royal Mail post (*exclusions apply see Delivery FAQs). FREE delivery, on orders over £30, applies to MOST, NOT ALL* UK mainland addresses (*exclusions apply see Delivery FAQs). We use a combination of Royal Mail and Carrier services and in some cases a signature is required to confirm receipt (high value/bulky orders).
For further detailed information please see Delivery FAQs.
We reserve the right to collate multiple orders into one delivery if going to the same address. We are unable to split orders/deliveries if any one item in an order is not available from stock, indicated by 'Despatch due date / Awaiting stock / Stock expected'. So we would usually despatch an order once complete as/when all the items are available from stock to send as one parcel.
We hope you are completely satisfied with your purchase but any unsuitable item may be returned to us, WITHIN 28 DAYS of receipt by you, for exchange or refund.
Perhaps one of the world's most recognised triathlon brand's Orca has a track record of over 20 years as a leading triathlon sports apparel brand. Just as the triathlon embodies endurance, stamina and versatility, so does every piece in the Orca collection.
Orca have worked tirelessly over the past two decades to evolve, innovate and perform with their athletes. Today, Orca is recognized as the preferred brand amongst new entrant and professional triathletes around the globe.
Orca began in 1992, when founder, former triathlon champion Scott Unsworth set up Performance Speedsuits Ltd in his native New Zealand, spurred by a passion to create better, faster wetsuits than those on the market.