Orca S7 Men's Open Water Swimming & Triathlon Wetsuit Info
Perhaps Orca's most recognised entry-level Triathlon and Open Water Swimming wetsuit the new S7 has always had popular appeal and at a great price point a superb wetsuit for novice triathletes or open water swimmers.
You're likely to be new to swimming and perhaps don't feel completely comfortable in the water and are looking for a wetsuit that can provide a high level of buoyancy. You'd be looking for a wetsuit to help correct your position because when your technique is less-than-polished floatability becomes the determining factor. A high level of buoyancy to help encourage a better body position and improve technique and confidence in open water, even when you're tired. The Orca S7 swimming wetsuit could help improve your overall technique whether for triathlon or open water swimming use.
The Orca S7 Men's swimming wetsuit is the alternative to the 3.8 for the Progressive Swimmer. The assumption being that this type of swimmer would benefit from the extra buoyancy the S7 wetsuit provides to help improve body position in the water. The torso panels contour the body shape well providing superb comfort and improved fit while the arms and shoulders have a superb range of movement for that all important reach during the swimming phase.
The S7 has strategically placed 5mm thick neoprene panels on the hips and legs to encourage your lower body to stay higher in the water. While the 3mm neoprene chest panel helps avoid body roll typical of incorrect breathing technique.
The S7 wetsuit has SCS coating reducing friction and helping increase speed. It's micro-cell structure repels water helping to reduce drag. Super Composite Skin (SCS) is the leading triathlon wetsuit lining because of it's capacity to reduce friction and to provide the best possible hydrodynamics. Orca uses the most innovative version of Nano SCS, developed by the Yamamoto company, to ensure top speed in the water. The friction coefficient in the water of Orca's Nano SCS is 0.026, as compared to an average of 4.0 for the other wetsuits.
Orca's Infinity Skin wetsuit lining provides the feeling of absolute freedom. Designed based on a high-elasticity nylon incorporating bamboo fibres, this technology is applied to the wetsuit lining to provide greater flexibility with each stroke. The Infinity Lining helps maintain body heat longer, reduces body odour and the appearance of bacteria in your wetsuit. Also incorporating natural eco-friendly materials.
Orca S7 Men's Open Water Swimming & Triathlon Wetsuit Features
- Nano SCS coating on the neoprene, typical of high-end suits, reduces friction and helps to increase speed. Its micro-cellular structure repels water and creates less restriction when moving forward
- The lining in the neck area reduces friction and the likelihood of chafing. The material is soft to the touch and better for contact with the skin.
- 5mm thick neoprene, used in the hips and legs, helps keep your lower body at the surface at all times. The 3mm thick panel, located on the chest, prevents your body from swaying due to improper breathing.
- 2mm Yamamoto panels, with 39-cell SCS lining on the forearms, shoulders and arms, combined with a flexible liner, maintain mobility and improve flexibility.
- Yamamoto's Hydrolite 39-cell Panels, placed in the lower legs, make transitions faster. Removing the wetsuit is now is easier than ever.
- YAMAMOTO: The Yamamoto Corporation is the world’s main supplier of high performance neoprene. Its seal represents quality, technology and innovation. 39 CELL Yamamoto is an extremely flexible neoprene which supports an uninhibited natural swimming motion. 39cell extends to a 513% elongation rate, meaning this material is sure to move with you. Added benefits of zero water absorption and zero weight variation can mean only one thing: more speed. A fine balance between buoyancy and flexibility, 39cell is a durable material which will stand the test of time and distance, representing the best neoprene available in it’s class.
- NANO SCS: Super Composite Skin (SCS) has become the benchmark for coating the smoothskin neoprene used in triathlon wetsuits, to reduce friction and increase speed through the water. Orca uses Yamamoto Corporation’s latest Nano SCS for an even lower drag co-efficient, ensuring the fastest swim possible. The underwater co-efficient of dynamic friction of the Nano SCS is 0.026 in comparison to 4.0 of regular neoprene. Less friction = more speed!
- HYDROLITE: The HydroLite panels help the wetsuit come off easier, for faster transitions. This technology, combined with the SCS coating, helps the water slide off your wetsuit, without permeating it, considerably improving your hydrodynamics.
- INFINITY SKIN: The inner Infinity Skin lining provides the feeling of absolute freedom. Designed based on a high-elasticity nylon that incorporates bamboo fibres, this technology is applied to the lining of our wetsuits to offer you greater flexibility with each stroke. This cloth maintains body heat longer, reduces body odor and the appearance of bacteria in your wetsuit. It is also made from natural eco-friendly materials to prevent the appearance of skin irritation and care for the environment.
This means that the item is in stock and ready for despatch. We do make the odd mistake but 98% of items that say in stock, are actually in stock. If you are ordering a quantity of any item, you are welcome to email or phone to check the quantity available.
"Despatch 6-10 Days"
You are able to buy/order the item but just to advise you that the item is not currently in our warehouse and therefore not available for immediate despatch but is on order or en route to us from the supplier and we hope to despatch your order within 6-10 Working Days, often less. If you want to know more details do just e-mail or phone us.
May mean the item is no longer available or possibly out of stock for some time. If you want to know more details just e-mail or phone us.
Free Standard UK Delivery on orders over £30 are usually sent by Royal Mail post (*exclusions apply see Delivery FAQs). FREE delivery, on orders over £30, applies to MOST, NOT ALL* UK mainland addresses (*exclusions apply see Delivery FAQs). We use a combination of Royal Mail and Carrier services and in some cases a signature is required to confirm receipt (high value/bulky orders).
For further detailed information please see Delivery FAQs.
We reserve the right to collate multiple orders into one delivery if going to the same address. We are unable to split orders/deliveries if any one item in an order is not available from stock, indicated by 'Despatch due date / Awaiting stock / Stock expected'. So we would usually despatch an order once complete as/when all the items are available from stock to send as one parcel.
We hope you are completely satisfied with your purchase but any unsuitable item may be returned to us, WITHIN 28 DAYS of receipt by you, for exchange or refund.
Perhaps one of the world's most recognised triathlon brand's Orca has a track record of over 20 years as a leading triathlon sports apparel brand. Just as the triathlon embodies endurance, stamina and versatility, so does every piece in the Orca collection.
Orca have worked tirelessly over the past two decades to evolve, innovate and perform with their athletes. Today, Orca is recognized as the preferred brand amongst new entrant and professional triathletes around the globe.
Orca began in 1992, when founder, former triathlon champion Scott Unsworth set up Performance Speedsuits Ltd in his native New Zealand, spurred by a passion to create better, faster wetsuits than those on the market.