The cool temperate waters around Britain and Ireland are at a crossroads between warmer waters to the south and Arctic ones to the north. Consequently they contain a huge variety of marine animals and plants which differ significantly from place to place around the islands and shores.
This guide aims to introduce divers and snorkellers to the most common and identifiable animals and plants they will encounter underwater, both widely distributed species and some of the specialities of different areas.
Completely revised and expanded this Second Edition covers almost 300 individual species and groups of species seen underwater, from tiny fragile sea spiders to the massive plankton -feeding Basking Shark.
- 265 individual species descriptions, each with information on habitat, size, depth range and distribution in easy to use icon format
- Text emphasising the key features for identification of each species and possible confusions
- Underwater photographs showing each species as the diver or snorkeller would see it
- A unique ‘confidence guide’ to identify which species are easily recognised and which are likely to require confirmation
- Over 30 additional groups of plants and animals that cannot be identified individually underwater, but can be important features of the living community
- Information on marine habitats, conservation status and non-native species in British and Irish waters
- Author: Chris Wood
- Publication date: 30th November 2018
- ISBN 9781999581107
- Paperback with gatefolds
- Extent: 312pp
- Size: H 210mm x W 148mm
This means that the item is in stock and ready for despatch. We do make the odd mistake but 98% of items that say in stock, are actually in stock. If you are ordering a quantity of any item, you are welcome to email or phone to check the quantity available.
"Despatch 6-10 Days
You are able to buy/order the item but just to advise you that the item is not currently in our warehouse and therefore not available for immediate despatch but is on order or en route to us and we hope to despatch within 6-10 Days. If you want to know more details just e-mail or phone us.
may mean the item is no longer available or possibly out of stock for some time. If you want to know more details just e-mail or phone us.
Free Standard UK Delivery on orders over £30 are usually sent by Royal Mail post (*exclusions apply see Delivery FAQs). FREE delivery, on orders over £30, applies to MOST, NOT ALL* UK mainland addresses (*exclusions apply see Delivery FAQs). We use a combination of Royal Mail and Carrier services and in some cases a signature is required to confirm receipt (high value/bulky orders).
For further detailed information please see Delivery FAQs.
We reserve the right to collate multiple orders into one delivery if going to the same address. We are unable to split orders/deliveries if any one item in an order is not available from stock, indicated by 'Despatch due date / Awaiting stock / Stock expected'. So we would usually despatch an order once complete as/when all the items are available from stock to send as one parcel.
We hope you are completely satisfied with your purchase but any unsuitable item may be returned to us, WITHIN 28 DAYS of receipt by you, for exchange or refund.