- Do I need to sign for my parcel to confirm receipt?
Do I need to sign for my parcel to confirm receipt?
DO I NEED TO SIGN FOR MY PARCEL TO CONFIRM RECEIPT?
Upgraded orders and orders over £100 goods value will normally be sent using a signed for service and will require a signature on delivery to confirm safe receipt. It is advisable to have your order delivered to an address where someone is usually available to receive the parcel during normal working hours. This will help the delivery services ensure you receive your order quickly and efficiently.
If you know you will not be available to receive the parcel you may add instructions in the Instructions section of your order form eg: leave with a neighbour. We would not advise any parcels are 'left safe'.
IMPORTANT: If your parcel is damaged or open on receipt, you must sign for the parcel as "received damaged" or "received open" and notify us within 2 working days.
- How To Purchase Goods
- Accepted Payment
- Is My Transaction Secure
- What If I Have Problems Ordering
- What If I Want To Amend My Order
- What If I Do Not Receive My Goods
- What If There Is Something Missing From My Delivery
- When Is My Credit Card Debited
- What Happens If My Card Authorisation Fails?
- What Risks Are Involved In Buying Online?
- Standard UK Delivery
- Delivery Upgrade Options
- When Will My Order Be Despatched And How Will I Know?
- What If I Would Like To Amend My Order?
- Do I Need To Sign For My Parcel To Confirm Receipt?
- When Will I Receive My Order?
- What If There Is Something Missing From My Delivery?
- Will I See The Total Cost Of My Order Before Entering Any Payment Details?
- Can my order be delivered on a Saturday or Sunday?
- Do You Deliver Outside The UK?